Call for nominations for the 2016 ITS Hall of Fame Awards has now ended. The European Members of the Board of Directors will now be invited to vote for their favourite candidates in each of the three categories in Europe.
The 2016 candidates for the ITS Hall of Fame are as follows:
Category Lifetime Achievement
• Mr Gert Blom
• Mr Dorin-Mircea Dumitrescu
• Mr Sampo Hietanen
• Mr Juhani Jääskeläinen
• Mr Christer Karlsson
• Mr Paul Kompfner
• Mr Mike McDonald
• Mr Eric Sampson
• Association of French Toll Motorway Operators – ASFA
• Cleverciti Systems GmbH
• Inter Mutuelles Assistance
• MaaS Global
• Nedap N.V.
• Parking Servis
• Sprint S.A.
Category Local Government
• Abu Dhabi’s Integrated Transportation Information and Navigation System (iTINS), United Arab Emirates
• City of Olsztyn, Poland
• Province of Gelderland, The Netherlands
Congratulation to all of the candidates on being nominated to the 2016 ITS Hall of Fame. These nominations demonstrate a strong appreciation of the candidates’ commitment and contribution to ITS.
The Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to an individual who is recognised as a:
• outstanding leader in the organisations he or she has led
• thought leader in the ITS field
• champion of vision of ITS and its fulfilment within and beyond the ITS Community
The Industry Award will be given to a company or research organisation that:
• developed and/or deployed a significant new innovative product or service over the course of the previous year
• whose new product and/or service played a key role in accelerating development and deployment of ITS in its region
• is a company or research organisation that plays a leading role in the ITS Community
The Local Government Award will be given to a local government agency that:
• developed or deployed a significant new innovative ITS product or service over the course of the previous year
• implemented policy or project advancing the development and deployment of ITS over the course of the previous year
• whose new product and/or service fostered advanced deployment of ITS services
• is an organisation that plays a leading role in the ITS Community
The voting results will be shared in July 2016. All three Awards will be presented at the 23rd ITS World Congress in Melbourne, Australia, 10-14 October 2016.